Bad at Eating Spiritually (I don't know what that means either)
Some of the ridiculous dietary advice I have received from spiritual teachers:
- if you eat meat you are immoral
- only eat fruit,
- never eat fruit,
- eat more ghee- because it's ghee and you need more of it,
- depression is caused by refined sugar,
- vomiting is a healthy cleansing technique,
- clean eating is affordable if you choose to make it a priority,
- only eat red things while on your period,
- be vegan or else,
And my all time favorite:
- if you learn to breathe correctly you don't need to eat at all!
Lesson eventually learned: proficiency in yoga, meditation, astrology, healing crystal thingy-ma-jigs, philosophy, etc does not automatically qualify someone as a dietitian.
Search out the teachers who know the scope of their expertise and gladly own up to what falls outside it. Stay away from those who don't- they haven't eaten enough ghee yet.